Friday, June 29, 2012

Couch to 5K App

I swear... I am ALWAYS trying something new to help loose weight and keep in shape!
My friend Paige told me about this app and I thought I would download it and try it out!

Here is what it looks like when you go to the app store!
 This is what your day looks like.
I started on day 2 on accident!  I didn't notice until I was done. Oops! So I did that day twice and then did day 3. Each time you complete a few days you get "badges" that go under the tab that says: WINS. The app recommends that you run 3 days a week. Also, you get to play your own music and it talks over your music . It tells you when to run or slow down and walk. I really enjoyed it because I needed help getting back into running. I really, really, REALLY, want to enjoy running. So, I feel like if I actually take my time and build myself up to running... it will make it fun!

I get Woman's Health Magazine and they shared 6 reasons why you should start running. Click HERE to see the article yourself. (They are NOT paying me to discuss this article with you.)

The 6 reasons are:
  1. It's so easy: ppbbbttt not for me) I have a deviated septum so I always feel like I can't get enough air in my lungs! :D
  2. Yet so hard!: Now we are talking! ;) What they mean is that it does such a good total body workout.
  3. Your knees with thank you.: Don't ask your chins, they may disagree!
  4. You'll stress less: I have a hard time with this one. I am stressing while I am running because I can't seem to breathe. However, it's all I am thinking about. So, I am not stressing about all my normal daily stresses. Then when I am done, I am in such a good mood!
  5. It can prevent diseases: And diseases are a big one in my family jeans. 
  6. You'll probably live longer: Well, that sounds like a good idea to me! This just put an extra step in my running steps :)
Anyways! Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment